How can the Ombuds help you?
The Student Support Ombuds Office promotes holistic student wellness through early intervention and support. The ombuds engages proactively with students to empower them to succeed at SJR State and beyond.
- On and off-campus (community) resource referrals for housing, food insecurity, childcare, etc.
- Collaboration with college faculty and staff
- Homeless liaison
- Housing issues and concerns
- Disability referrals
- Student wellness concerns including:
- Case management
- Assistance when academically at-risk
- Goal setting
- Student success barriers
- Transition to college
- Workshops and class presentations on wellness and college success
We believe we are all safer if we see something, we say something. If you have a concern regarding another person on campus, you may report it to the Ombuds office by completing the CONCERN form.